Friday 15 August 2014

Comfort food

The summer seemed to collapse yesterday so I fancied something hot and a bit stodgy for supper so I went for wholemeal spelt flour spaghetti mixed with a basil based salsa. Served as you can see with my ever faithful avocado, baby corn and some cucumber. I love cucumber but strangely I've been having it in my juice recently and not with my meals. 

Anyway, the salsa; half a fat carrot, hand full of basil, large handful of baby spinach, sprig of oregano, sprinkle of all purpose seasoning and mixed dried herbs. Generous portion of nutritional yeast flakes, a garlic clove and lots of extra virgin olive oil. Blitz in my blitzer* then thrown in with the spelt spaghetti. 

Quick and delish!

*soon I'll do a post showing all my lovely kitchen equipment, stuff that's more important to me and my kitchen than my cooker! For real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment